Russia-South Caucasus gas pipeline was blasted
The explosive devices at the North Caucasus-Transcaucasus and Mozdok-Tbilisi gas pipelines were the equivalent of 700-800 g of TNT, Russia’s Deputy Prosecutor General Nikolai Shepel said.
The prosecution has started a criminal case on the charge of deliberate damage of property or destruction of property. Shepel explained that because nobody was hurt, the explosions caused no serious damage to the environment, the crime is qualified as property damage, not as a terror attack.
Meanwhile, sources close to the investigation say that the basic assumption is that the explosions are caused by subversive activities of extremist groups, reports Lenta.ru.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Explosion on gas pipeline and electric power lines in Caucasus - Latest Headlines:
- Death of ex-Georgian prime minister: there was no any gas poisoning: Georgian press digest
- Burjanadze is satisfied with deepening of Georgian-Azerbaijani relations
- Armenian expert: Blowing up gas mains play mostly into the hands of US and allies
- How to get warm?: Georgian press digest
- Ukraine to send $2.4 million to Georgia