Roof of market in Moscow collapsed: 4 people killed, 10 wounded
Bodies of four people killed by a collapsed roof of Basmanny (Baumansky) Market in Moscow have been withdrawn from the ruins, reports NTV. Ten more people, who were in the building at the moment of the accident, were put into hospital.
About 05:45 a.m. on February 23, roof of the Baumansky Market collapsed. As REGNUM was told in Moscow Emergency Ministry Department, destroyed was the total square of 3,000 square meters. About 50 ambulances have arrived to the scene. Russian Emergency Ministry rescuers are working on the site. According to provisional assumption, the roof collapsed because of the snow accumulated on it.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Roof of market collapsed in Moscow: Latest news - Latest Headlines:
- Rescue activities completed at Basmanny Market (Moscow)
- Accident at Basmanny Market in Moscow: 65 victims
- Number of victims of market roof collapse increased to 64 (Moscow)
- Roof collapse in Moscow: 57 victims
- 31 people killed at Basmanny Market roof collapse