Number of victims of market roof collapse increased to 64 (Moscow)
On the night of February 25, the rescuers have found bodies of more victims under the roof of Basmanny Market in Moscow that collapsed on February 23. They were the last ones, the rescuers are quoted as saying by Gazeta.ru.
Overall, 63 bodies have been found on the crash site, almost all of them are identified. One more woman died of injuries in hospital, 22 people are in Moscow hospitals.
As REGNUM earlier reported, roof of the Basmanny Market collapsed at 05:45 a.m. on February 23. About 100 people were inside the building by the moment of the crash. At present time, director of the market is detained, an investigation has been launched. The investigation examines three assumptions: violation of exploitation procedures, undue examination of technical conditions of the building and error in design.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Roof of market collapsed in Moscow: Latest news - Latest Headlines:
- Rescue activities completed at Basmanny Market (Moscow)
- Accident at Basmanny Market in Moscow: 65 victims
- Number of victims of market roof collapse increased to 64 (Moscow)
- Roof collapse in Moscow: 57 victims
- 31 people killed at Basmanny Market roof collapse