Outbursts of bird flu confirmed in several EU countries
Bird flu expands its geography. Outbursts of the disease are at once confirmed in several UE countries – France, Austria, Greece, Italy, Germany, Hungary and Slovenia. Additionally, the virus is traced in Turkey, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Croatia, Bosnia, Romania, Russia and Ukraine.
Meanwhile, one more case of human death, caused by bird flu virus, is confirmed in China. At all, at least 94 persons died because of the virus in Asia since 2003, informs Echo Moskvy Radio.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Bird flu - Latest Headlines:
- Armenia bans poultry imports from Russia
- 61,000 birds infected with H5N1 bird flu strain slaughtered in Rostov Region, Russia
- Wild ducks recovered after bird flu found in another Siberian region
- Russia bans poultry imports from Czechia
- Antibodies to avian flu found in some wild birds in Siberia