Russian deputy speaker: Russia has every reason to recognize Artsakh, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, and Transdnestr
The international situation has given us a positive example – if Albanians receive the right to establish their own independent state in the foreign territory, so ancient Armenian people must perhaps receive the right to restore the territory; leader of the Russian Liberal Democratic Party, Deputy Speaker of Russian State Duma Vladimir Zhirinovsky is quoted by a REGNUM correspondent as stating in Moscow, speaking at the third Russia’s Armenian Union (RAU) Congress.
Yes, we pity Serbs, but it is a positive signal for the international community – it is a positive signal for Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh – REGNUM), for Abkhazia, South Ossetia, and Transdnestr, Zhirinovsky continued. According to him, if the international community recognizes Kosovo and Montenegro, Russia will have every reason to recognize analogous territories, especially as it has more rights for that, because these republics were parts of the Russian Empire, and now they pretend to restore their legal personalities. It may not be denied – it is the international law, he stated.
As Vladimir Zhirinovsky stressed, addressing to the Russian Armenians Union (RAU) Congress deputies and guests, the Armenian people have already been suffering for 100 years, and it is necessary to achieve adoption of at least one international organization’s resolution on returning territories to Armenian state by 2015, the 100th anniversary of those awful events. It is not enough to recognize the Genocide; the territories should be returned. Those ones, who are living there now, should be returned to Ashgabat and Tashkent what does one people need two states for? And territories should be returned to Armenia and Kurdistan. Kurds are betrayed people too – they have been expecting for 100 years, the LDPR leader said. Also, he called the RAU to be more active in the Russian provinces and to cooperate with Russian political and non-governmental organizations in order to explain to young generation of Russians that Armenians are our brothers; they are Christians, and they have been living side by side with Russians for hundreds of years. Zhirinovsky called on the RAU to cooperate for realization of other socially vital initiatives.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Kosovo precedent and struggle of unrecognized states for independence - Latest Headlines:
- Kostunica: Kosovo dangerous virus, not unique case
- Churkin reminds UN Security Council of Kosovo and Iraq
- Churkin: Russia does not recognize Kosovo's independence
- Lithuania decides to establish diplomatic relations with Kosovo
- Dashnaktsutiun youth convenes to settle Nagorno Karabakh conflict
Nagorno Karabakh conflict - Latest Headlines:
- Gayane Novikova: An analysis of the losses in the case of a transfer of some territories controlled by NKR to Baku is absent
- Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan will meet on January, 28
- Azerbaijan has broken cease fire in Karabakh conflict zone
- Azerbaijan demands total and unconditional surrender of Armenia — expert opinion
- Russia sees positive shift in settlement of Karabakh conflict