Azerbaijan-US relations reached strategic partnership level
Asadov said during the meeting that due to the efforts of the heads of states relations between the countries reached the level of strategic partnership. According to him, development of the relations is a priority for the Azerbaijani leadership headed by President Ilham Aliyev. The fact that the US supported projects of Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline, Baku-Tbilisi-Erzerum gas pipeline, as well as other big projects, is highly appreciated in Azerbaijan, he noted.
In her turn, Derse stated that US Congress is interested in establishing relations with an independent and strong parliament. These relations are one of the main conditions of democratic development, the ambassador remarked. Derse highly evaluated protection of human rights and freedoms, as well as democratic development in Azerbaijan. The sides also exchanged opinions on other questions of mutual interest.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Project - Latest Headlines:
- Declarations of Kiev Energy Summit are a desperate cry of ineffective allies of the West- Modest Kolerov
- Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline goes to pieces?
- Azerbaijan thinking about suspension of oil transportation via Baku-Novorossiysk
- 4.8mln of Azerbaijani oil transported via Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline since January
- There are all prerequisites for establishing protectorate over historical Armenian lands in the territory of Turkey: Armenian press digest