Trolley bus blasted in Tiraspol possibly in a terror attack
On Sunday, August 13, at 01:50 p.m. an explosion blasted a trolley bus near Prichernomorye shopping mall in Tiraspol (Transdnestr).As a REGNUM correspondent is told at Transdnestr police, two hand grenade fuses have been found near the trolley bus. Rear end of the trolley bus was mostly damaged by the blast, all the windows were broken.
Under provisional reports, about ten persons were hurt. There children among those injured. All the hurt people were sent intensive care unit of the Republican Clinical Hospital. One of the victims died at hospital.
According to investigators, the explosion occurred at rush-hour right in front of a big shopping mall, so it can be supposed that masterminds of the blast counted for maximal destruction effect.
It is worth reminding, on July 6, 2006, in Transdnestr capital Tiraspol a minibus was exploded killing seven people and injuring dozens. The Transdnestr police have been still investigating the case with the help of experts from Ukraine and Russia.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Terror activity in Transdnestr - Latest Headlines:
- Transdnestr asks Russia to recognize it sovereignty
- Transdnestr: teenagers found to hand-grenades in Tiraspol
- August 15 declared in Transdnestr national day of mourning
- Moldovan government expressed readiness to render assistance in investigating explosion in Tiraspol
- Mastermind of blasts can be either inside or outside the country: Interview of Transdnestr Parliament Speaker Yevgeny Shevchuk