Transdnestr president: Recognition of Transdnestr is the matter of my life
On September 14, at a news conference at the International Press Center in Tiraspol, Transdnestr President Igor Smirnov, answering a question of a BBC correspondent whether he was proposed in Transdnestr to retire, answered that the BBC correspondent was the first person to make such proposal.
President Smirnov is quoted by a REGNUM correspondent as saying: If career and wealth is the matter of your life, the matter of my life is independence and recognition of the Transdnestr Moldavian Republic.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Transdnestr conflict settlement - Latest Headlines:
- Moldavian expert: Verdict of UN court paves way for legal partition of Ukraine initiated by Romania
- Moldavian expert: Ukraine cannot be a guarantor in the Transdnestr conflict settlement any longer
- Russian ambassador in Chisinau: Moldova's foreign minister is shunning me
- Analyst: The West prepares color scenario in Moldavia
- Russia will preserve territorial integrity of Moldova and Transdnestr's special status