Chisinau wants to see NATO as full member of Transdnestr settlement
Positions expressed by the US representative at the negotiation table on Transdnestr conflict settlement are often the closest to the position of the Moldovan delegation, Moldova’s Foreign Minister Andrei Stratan said in an interview to Moldpress yesterday. Today I state without reservations that the USA is a trustworthy partner and active proponent of territorial integration of the Republic of Moldova. In this connection, I stress that the USA is the most consistent and principal proponent of necessity to fulfill decisions of the OSCE Istanbul Summit of 1999 on complete withdrawal of Russian military from the Moldovan territory, the Moldovan foreign minister said.
Speaking on prospects of Chisinau cooperation with Washington in the process of Transdnestr conflict settlement, Stratan said that the active cooperation will continue and develop. I reiterate our willingness of NATO and EU as full mediators. I believe that US experience and resources are essential in the context of democratization and demilitarization of the Transdnestr area. We have a lot to do and we reckon upon US support, the Moldovan foreign minister noted.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Transdnestr conflict settlement - Latest Headlines:
- Moldavian expert: Verdict of UN court paves way for legal partition of Ukraine initiated by Romania
- Moldavian expert: Ukraine cannot be a guarantor in the Transdnestr conflict settlement any longer
- Russian ambassador in Chisinau: Moldova's foreign minister is shunning me
- Analyst: The West prepares color scenario in Moldavia
- Russia will preserve territorial integrity of Moldova and Transdnestr's special status