Sokhumi: Georgia releases misinformation again
Statements made by Georgia that a part of Abkhazia was handed over to Russia does not reflect the reality and are nothing but misinformation, Abkhaz Foreign Minister Sergey Shamba is quoted as saying by a REGNUM correspondent today. According to Shamba, such information is unfounded.
Earlier, Rustavi 2 television (Georgia) announced that secret handing over of a part of Abkhazia to Russia could possibly take place on the threshold of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. The matter concerns moving the border away by about 40 km, to Bzyb River that divides Gagry and Gudauty districts in Abkhazia. As the source believes, thus Moscow is trying to move away the conflict zone.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Georgian-Abkhaz conflict - Latest Headlines:
- Sergey Bagapsh: Sukhum will participate in negotiations in Geneva on equal terms with Tbilisi
- Georgia repudiates Georgians of Gali district of Abkhazia
- Abkhazia insists on equal treatment of all participants of Geneva talks
- President of South Ossetia puts under question objectiveness of West at Geneva talks
- Russian peacekeepers' posts withdrawn from the territory of Georgia in the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict zone
Sochi wins bid for Olympics 2014 - Latest Headlines:
- Latvia did not support Georgia’s initiative to move Olympics from Sochi
- Real cost of Sochi 2014 Olympics will bee lower than it was announced – Russian minister
- 0.5 bn rubles are to be spent for construction of Olympic facilities in Sochi
- REGNUM: Prospects of war in Transcaucasia and Central Asia
- Sberbank ready to invest billions of dollars into preparation of Olympics in Sochi