Azerbaijani president: Armenians are guests in Yerevan
Today, on January 17, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev went to the front-line area and participated in opening ceremony of Geydar Aliyev Museum and the Olympic Center in the village of Guzanly. As the presidential press office informs, Ilham Aliyev also had a meeting with local residents. During the meeting, he made several statements on settling the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict over Nagorno Karabakh.
Particularly, while speaking to the local residents, Aliyev announced that the war with Armenia was not over, Az.TV state television informs. He added that Armenia did not won the war; it was just the first stage of the war completed. Aliyev noted that Nagorno Karabakh will never be independent; the position is backed by international mediators as well; Armenia has to accept the reality. According to Aliyev, in 1918, Yerevan was granted to the Armenians. It was a great mistake. The khanate of Iravan (Yerevan) was the Azeri territory, the Armenians were guests here. As for the role of international organizations, they, according to the Azerbaijani president, show double standards in the problem of Nagorno Karabakh.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Nagorno Karabakh conflict - Latest Headlines:
- Gayane Novikova: An analysis of the losses in the case of a transfer of some territories controlled by NKR to Baku is absent
- Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan will meet on January, 28
- Azerbaijan has broken cease fire in Karabakh conflict zone
- Azerbaijan demands total and unconditional surrender of Armenia — expert opinion
- Russia sees positive shift in settlement of Karabakh conflict