Abkhazians elect national minorities for parliament
Tentative results of votes’ count in the second round of parliamentary election in Abkhazia have been published. Of 34 candidates that stood the second round, elected are 26 Abkhazians, three Russians – Valery Kondakov, Pavel Leshuk, and Viktor Vasilyev, three Armenians – Albert Hovsepian, Sergei Matosyan, and Valery Mairomyan, two Georgians – Yuri Kereselidze and Bezhan Ubiria, and one Turk – Vladimir Nachach-ogly.
Second round of the vote was held in 17 electoral districts of Abkhazia. Voter turnout was 43,2%.
To remind, first round of the election was held March 4. A total of 108 candidates stood the ballot. In the first round, 18 out of 35 deputies were elected.
Printer friendly version | This news in Russian | PDA version (in Russian)
Parliamentary elections in Abkhazia - Latest Headlines:
- Results of parliamentary election’s second round published in Abkhazia
- Abkhazians elect national minorities for parliament
- Rerun election in Abkhazia acknowledged successful
- Latvia does not recognize parliamentary elections in Abkhazia
- Did Georgia forget to tell European Parliament about Abkhazia?